Q3 2017 Quarterly Growth Report

For our first Quarterly Report, Isobar and alpha-DNA take a look back at Q3 2017 and analyze the past quarter’s growth and the future quarter’s projected growth through a lens of Digital Strength to identify those companies and industries on the right track or at risk.

Key Findings

  • This quarter, the top 10% of the top 1,000 public companies in the U.S. outperformed the remaining 90% combined.
  • Energy is the big winner this quarter. Oil and gas companies are using digital to dramatically cut costs, and improve speed and decision-making.
  • Utilities did not meet expectations. Unsurprisingly, they move at a glacial pace with expensive assets and regulation.
  • As the economy continues to plow ahead, Industrial industries such as Airlines, Machinery, and Construction should continue to do well. The sector as a whole is below average in the DSI, putting them at greater risk if the economy starts to falter.

Revenue Performance by Sector

Overall for the quarter the YoY revenue performance was strong. Growth generated was 5.6% where over half of the companies beat expectations and as a group surprised to the upside. Future growth looks to remain stable and consistent with last quarter with no expectation of acceleration.

 

The Imperative of 2017

With 2018 in full swing, many companies are still in need of a full-fledged digital makeover. Who tops that list? Who is smooth sailing into the New Year? Our latest quarterly report tells all.

Complete form to download

 






More News

| 16th Jun 2021

When Strategy Fails: We Write Off Start-ups Because They’re Unprofitable

We often fail to realize that startups with better experiences permanently change how we view industries and shift expectations for how products and services should be.

| 10th Jun 2021

The Content Landscape Has Changed, And Brands Need To Adapt – But How?

85% of marketers know they need to transform for the long-term to align with the current climate. But how?  

| 1st Jun 2021

How Technology, Commerce, and Content Fuel Enterprise Success

Isobar's Brooke Ostendorf unpacks what it means to be named a Leader on Gartner's “Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies.”